29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”
38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
So I wanted to share this passage with you tonight...
On the eve of Christmas Eve... I would like us to think about Mary... what went through her mind. To be pregnant with God's child. That's heavy! Seriously.. very heavy... let alone if you think about the day and age when all this happened. Women were stoned and killed for being adulterous. So to "everyone" Mary would look like an adulterer... She wasn't married and pregnant. Who would believe someone that they didn't have sex, when they showed up pregnant? Mary was very young too... like 14.... That's a whole lotta stuff to take on at such a young age.
But I am glad that Mary did what she did. Carried my Savior. And I'm glad that Joseph married her, and was Jesus' stepdad.
In Christ we have hope, without Him we have darkness. To know Christ is to know love, and we are called to share that love.
This is my new goal in life, to show love. To EVERYONE! Yes even you .... EVERYONE. The Bible says to love our enemies.... I know that this won't be easy, but I do know what love feels like, I do know what it feels like to be forgiven... so it's my job to share what that feels like. To show you, to tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment