Friday, September 3, 2010

cloth diapers

I have many mom friends here in town. And I seem to talk to A LOT of them about cloth diapering and babywearing.

Have you ever thought about cloth diapering? It saves tons of money. And it's not really that hard. Exclusive breastfed poop you can just throw in the washer... once baby starts solids you can get a diaper sprayer and spray the poop off into the toliet or I just basically hold onto the diaper and let it flop off into the toliet.. I dont even touch it. Then you do a cold rince HOT wash and an extra cold rince... it takes some thought and planning... like making sure you have diapers clean when you are going to be away from home for a while.

I have tried prefolds, fitteds, pockets. And some hybrid diapers that can use a cloth insert or a disposable one! There is something out there for EVERY family.

So you could save your family money, save the enviroment a little by not throwing away disposable diapers, but also it's so much healthier for your babies. Why wouldn't you want to at least look into them?

I have fallen so much in love with cloth diapering that I am in the process of learning to sew so I can make my own!

I think from time to time I"m going to make a post on here about different brands of diapers.. I know I made one for Rump a rooz! (cute but not my favorite pocket)

2 comments:

Mandee said...

We recently started using cloth and I'm becoming a bit obsessed! I tell everyone about it! I feel so great for doing such a good thing for the environment, our pocket book, and my baby! There are definitely a lot of diapers out there to choose from, and there is something for everyone!
I would love to be able to sew my own diapers, but I am not even sure how to run a sewing machine!

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

Did you sew any? Love to hear how they turned out. I made some and was pretty happy and I'm not that great at sewing! :)