Tuesday, October 9, 2012

my day

I wish you knew what you were missing.
I wish you saw how amazing our family is.
I wish that you could move beyond yourself and find the happiness you seek.

Seeing you today in that courtroom made it all too real. You are divorcing me.
You are saying that you no longer want our family.

Why are you so selfish? Only thinking of what it is that you want.

What about what I want?
What about what our children want?
They don't want to miss out on holidays with their mom, nor do they want to miss them with their dad.
Most children want both their parents. Not each one at a different time.
But because it isn't what YOU want, our children will be raised in this awful part time parenting situation.

And why?

I guess when you told me all those years ago that you didn't want kids, I should have left then. But no, you said well maybe it would be different with you.

I did everything for our children. I asked for nothing from you. No diapers, no baths no getting up in the middle of the night...

And now, now you are divorcing me so that you "can do what you want to do when you want to do it"

It really makes me just sick to know that my precious babies will get less than just because you wanted out.

Our children deserve better than this.

No comments: