Saturday, January 7, 2012

Parenting

It doesn't end when our children move out. We are always parents.

Recently I found out that Jim and his mistress were at his parents house for Christmas.

His parents have told me to my face that they don't agree with what Jim is doing, that they feel that it's wrong. That they don't want him to be with her, they don't like her. And yet the invite her to their home for Christmas...

I don't understand. How you can call yourself a Christian and then just accept that your son is having an affair and invite them to your home?

As a parent, it's wrong.

Proverbs 13:24
Those who love their children care enough to discipline them


So if you love your kids, you will discipline them. That means rebuking them when they are wrong. 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

When I heard about this, I wanted to write Jim's parent's a letter. I wanted to simply give them some Bible verses. It's not about me saying this is wrong, the Bible says this is wrong. If we live our lives for today, and not for eternity we are going to be sorry. Life on Earth is very fleeting. It doesn't last long at all, but eternity... that lasts A LONG time.... and if we don't live for forever and instead worry about making ourselves "happy" now... we are going to be miserable later. Is it really worth it?

No comments: