I am a binge eater.
I didn't know that I was until I read a blog called Runs for Cookies... she too is a binge eater.
Binge Eating Disorder is actually the most common eating disorder.
Yes I know that I am fat. I understand that... but for some reason I didn't realize that I was a binge eater until I read about it from someone else.
For me it is always in the evening after my children go to bed. My kids go to bed early, like 6ish.. 7 at the latest. And then I'll sit down to watch TV and it'll start with a bowl of popcorn. Then, my bowl will be empty, so that's when the binge starts... I will raid cupboards and the fridge trying to find something else to eat. And I never get full. I eventually just run out of food that I want to eat. Since coming to this realization I have only binged 2 times. And each time I recognized what I was doing in the middle and stopped.
That feeling of being hungry and nothing will satisfy you...
it's not cool.
I read that when in that moment of wanting to binge, go brush your teeth and floss.
Give yourself a facial.
Go to Bed...
So far for me just recognizing what I am doing has been enough to stop me. But I am trying to go to bed earlier. Since moving into our new home I have been having a hard time sleeping. I can't go to bed until 1am. I am not doing anything productive. (well I do work out in my evenings) Once I finally tell myself to go to bed, I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and then lay down in bed. But I can't go to sleep. So I read my Bible, then I journal, then I will list things.. whatever is on my mind, money, kids stuff, decorating.... it can really be anything... but if I don't write this stuff down then I really can't sleep I will try to list it all in my head... ugh.. it sucks.
I want to go to sleep at like 10 like a normal adult.
I really think if I went to bed earlier then the temptation to binge wouldn't be there as much.
I am glad thought that I learned this about myself. I hope it will help me be more successful in my weight loss!

1 comment:
I too am a binge eater. It's a difficult struggle for me but with the Lord's help, I'm getting better. I started running a few months ago and it's helped out a lot.
Post a Comment