Friday, October 8, 2010

It's been awhile

So I'd like to write this post very personally.

First I have a confession.

I am lazy.

I want to correct this behavior. I am not sure how though. My house should be spotless. My son should be reading! I mean I'm home with him why not right? And he should be potty training too... which we really do need to start.

I should have the baby's room ready... and it's not

Why?

Because I'm lazy.

Why don't I get 100% on all my school work.. because I'm lazy and don't put forth enough effort. I guess I've gotten bye without the hard work and done fairly well for myself.. why should I try?

Well this behavior stops.

I want to be better. Not for anyone but for me.. and for God. He wants me to be better. I can be better. I should be better.

But now what is the first step to take?

I think I'm going to start with something small.. and that's my health. First step is to increase my water intake.. and to make sure I take all my vitamins each day. Step 2 will be increasing my exercise by adding prenatal yoga 2 times a week.. along with more consisten walking 3 times a week... with my Zumba 2 times a week.. that gives me something to do EVERYDAY!

I think after I have that down (they say it takes 24 days to create a habit) then I will focus on my housekeeping and maybe even trying to make sure I have a hot meal ready for my hardworking husband every night. Or at least more nights.

Somewhere I also need to add in MORE time with God in prayer and devotions... and doing more "school" stuff with Adam. Not to mention spending more time and energy with my schooling instead of waiting until the last minute for everything.

Tomorrow is a new day! Let's see what I can do with with it!

1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

I know how you feel, what works for me is if I say 'ok between 5 and 6 I have to study' or do housework, etc. If I plan it out then I have to stick with it! Good luck :)