For over 4 years now Jim's mom has been "weird" toward me. It was shortly after I threw her a surprise 50th birthday party... But Jim thinks it's b/c of some drama that occured between me and Dylan's mom. Whatever... it is SOOO long ago. And she's still letting this get in the way.
Ok.. here are some "examples" Before she would ask for my advice on what to wear and things.. ask me to help her cook thanksgiving and other holiday meals.... just a general hang out girl stuff. Now nothing. She doesn't even say hello to me when I see her.
I can handle that WHATEVER.. but she takes it out on Adam..
For Dylan's baby shower.. they got him a $700 a crib. For Adam $30 bathtub.
the missed Adam's christams, thanksgiving.. first birthday EVERYTHING! But for Dylan they go pick him up special from his mom's house so they can see him. They even tell him that one of their extra rooms is for him. They have clothes and toys for him at their house. For Adam they have nothing. It's like they don't even care he exists!
Jim doesn't understand why this upsets me.
Wouldn't it upset you? I personally would love to write them out of our lives and pretend they don't exist. Eventually all this will hurt Adam. How could it not? All they have said so far about this next baby is.. It better be a girl!
I seriously want to cry scream and tell them to go somewhere else. But Jim thinks that we should continue to invite them to things and allow to try to be apart of our lives. but why? Why should I keep putting myself out there just to be ingorned and for my son to be ignored too?
I should have seen this coming. Even for our wedding Robin made ever excuse in the book as why not to help with things...
3 comments:
I have grandparents that act very similar. As much as it hurts, try not to let it get to you and your family. They are the ones that are immature and clearly have some sorta of problem. Have you ever confronted her- saying you used to enjoy how close you two were but it seems like you've somehow drifted apart and wondered why? At least you would be the adult here and bring it up as awkard as it would be. If she doesn't want to discuss it or denies that there is a problem it really shows the type of person she is. Very immature. If she says nothing is wrong, even though you don't agree, you tried and you can go on with your life happy knowing that you did everything you could and you have to assume nothing is wrong. She'll be upset for the rest of her life until she decides to discuss whatever the problem is with you. My grandparents play favorites as well. It's sad and discusting to be honest. Just try to be the bigger person and do what is best for your family and invite them to things even if they don't show up- at least you care enough to try.
Girl family drama is the worst! I would write her a letter about your concerns and see if she is willing to get past whatever her issues are, if not then I would not keep trying. Can't keep beating a dead horse :)
I have asked her straight up.. and she said o nothing honey I love you. This was when I first started noticing things.. Like I painted a mural in her house that she wanted.. and she just randomly took it down saying it no longer matched the paint in her dining room. I have drafted a letter in my head about a dozen times.. but I just can't find the right words.
Post a Comment